Can The Yellow Of Crayfish Be Eaten? After Eating For So Many Years, It Turned Out To Have Been Misunderstood
Jun 14 2022 0 Comments
Get to know it before you eat it
Crayfish, also known as Crayfish, is native to the United States. It is omnivorous, has fast growth speed, and has strong adaptability. It inhabits streams and swamps, and can also live in ponds and ditches. It is a freshwater economic shrimp.
Crayfish is rich in protein and other nutrients, coupled with delicious meat, and is widely welcomed by people.
It is said that foreigners do not eat crayfish?
wrong. As mentioned earlier, crayfish is native to the United States, and Americans are the first to eat crayfish. They have a variety of ways to eat them, such as crayfish rice bowl, crayfish salad, crayfish pie, etc. Americans have eaten crayfish for hundreds of years, and there are crayfish festivals in some parts of the southern United States. People in Europe and other places also eat crayfish.
Chinese people are famous for eating crayfish now, but they only started to eat it in the 1990s.
I heard that crayfish like sewage ditch?
Crayfish are just strong enough to survive in many sewage ditches. But in fact, sewage ditch is not a place that crayfish like to live in. If they have a choice, they still prefer a clear water environment. Some scholars have done related experiments, which is also the conclusion.
The crayfish we eat are basically farmed, and farmers will also pay attention to maintaining good water quality to facilitate the growth of crayfish.
Crayfish have a lot of heavy metals?
If the water body is polluted, the fish, shrimp, crab and other aquatic products living in it will indeed contain pollutants in the body. If heavy metals are ingested, the crayfish itself will transfer these toxins to the shell, and with the continuous growth and molting, the heavy metal toxins will be excreted.
However, these toxins are generally difficult to be completely excreted, and some of them will be concentrated in the shrimp heads.
Can shrimp yellow be eaten?
As mentioned earlier, the heavy metals in crayfish are mainly concentrated in the head of the shrimp, more precisely, in the gills and viscera located in the head. The so-called yellow shrimp is actually the digestive glands of crayfish, that is, the liver and pancreas. Shrimp yellow does contain some nutrients, but at the same time it is also very likely to be contaminated with heavy metals.
Therefore, for safety reasons, it is best not to eat shrimp yellow. When eating crayfish, it is best not to eat the whole shrimp head.
These people eat crayfish carefully
Although crayfish is delicious, some people still have to eat it with caution. People with allergies should eat crayfish with caution; people with high uric acid and gout should also eat crayfish with caution.
In addition, no matter how delicious something is, it must be eaten with a certain degree. Do not eat too much crayfish, it is best not to eat more than a pound at a time.
How to choose crayfish
Pay attention to buying live crayfish, and the color of the shrimp shell is brighter.
Should the shrimp line be removed?
When handling crayfish, it is recommended to remove the shrimp line. Shrimp line is the digestive tract of shrimp. Although it can be sterilized after being cooked, it has a bad taste. Compared with other shrimps, the shrimp line of the crayfish is actually very easy to remove. Hold the end of the tail and pull it out.
The practice of crayfish
Crayfish is really delicious, but I always worry about not being clean enough to eat out. A real foodie, you can make it yourself at home!
1. Spicy crayfish
Spicy crayfish, drooling to say, the practice is as follows:
1. Wash the crayfish and remove the shrimp line.
2. Chop minced ginger, minced garlic, and onion sections, and prepare a small handful of peppercorns, hemp peppers, and dried peppers.
3. Pour the oil into the pot. When the oil temperature is 50% hot, pour in the drained crayfish, stir fry for a few minutes and remove it.
4. Pour in a small amount of oil, add onion, ginger, pepper and other ingredients to fry until fragrant, and then add a little spicy hot pot ingredients to fry.
5. Add water and cooking wine to boil, then pour in the crayfish, add pepper and other ingredients according to personal taste, cover the pot and cook on low heat for a few minutes.
6. Open the lid of the pot, add salt and scallions, stir fry for a few times, and then serve.
2. Garlic Crayfish
If you don't eat spicy food, you can make garlic crayfish. The method is as follows:
1. Wash the crayfish and remove the shrimp line. Minced garlic.
2. Pour the oil into the pot, put the minced garlic into the pot, the fire should not be too high, and stir fry a few times.
3. Pour in the crayfish, stir fry until the color changes. Then pour in the water and cooking wine, without the lobster, add light soy sauce and other ingredients according to personal taste, cover the pot, bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and cook for a few minutes.
4. Open the lid and take out the lobster.
Either way, keep these points in mind:
1. To clean the crayfish, you can brush them one by one with a brush to remove the shrimp line.
2. In order to eat with confidence, it is recommended to simply remove the head of the crayfish before putting it in the pot.
3. The crayfish should be thoroughly cooked, at least 10 minutes at high temperature above 100 degrees.
After making crayfish myself, the editor really felt that crayfish is a kung fu dish. Although it is simple to fry, this effort is mainly in preparing the dishes. It takes a lot of effort to wash the crayfish one by one. However, labor brings happiness, and everything is worth it when you finally eat the delicious food!
Leave a Comment