Chocolate Taboo

Chocolate Taboo

People with diabetes should eat less or no chocolate (but you can eat sugar-free chocolate).

People with heart and mouth pain should avoid eating chocolate, especially if they feel heartburn after eating chocolate. This is because chocolate contains a substance that stimulates stomach acid.

Mothers should breastfeed their babies after birth. If they eat too much chocolate, it will adversely affect the child's development. Theobromine in chocolate enters the mother's milk, is absorbed by the baby and accumulates in the baby's body. Theobromine damages the nervous system and heart, relaxes muscles, increases urine production and causes indigestion, restless sleep and constant crying in children.

For dogs, the source of the chemical problem with chocolate is called theobromine. Theobromine is similar to caffeine. According to this site, theobromine is toxic to dogs when consumed in quantities of 100 to 150 milligrams per kilogram of body weight.

Theobromine levels vary in different types of chocolate: 570 grams of milk chocolate to kill a 9 kg dog, but only 57 grams with dark chocolate and 170 grams with semi-sweet chocolate. It's not too hard for a dog to pull an Easter basket full of chocolate eggs and chocolate buns and a pound or two of chocolate. But if the dog is small, eating chocolate can be fatal.

In fact, chocolate poisoning is not as rare as it sounds. In humans, 150 mg of caffeine per kilogram of body weight is toxic. The same thing happens with dogs! People usually weigh far more than dogs, but children can get into trouble if they eat too much caffeine or chocolate. Children are especially vulnerable because they cannot extract caffeine from the blood as adults.

Chocolate is a high calorie food, but is low in protein, high in fat and has no nutritional value, and does not meet the growth and development needs of children.

Excessive intake of chocolate before a meal satisfies the appetite, but after lunch they become hungry again, which disrupts normal lifestyles and eating habits and affects the health of the child.

Chocolate is high in fat and cellulose, which stimulates normal peristalsis of the gastrointestinal tract, which affects the digestive function and absorption of the gastrointestinal tract.

Pregnant women should not eat chocolate because chocolate is harmful to pregnant women.
Back to blog

Leave a comment